Bread Vs Rice

When I had my lunch just now, I saw that some of the people there are eating bread as lunch. Actually, for me, those that eat bread for lunch is actually not as poor as what we think of.

We always says, save money so eat bread. Is bread really cheaper than eating rice? Hhmmm, for me, I don't think so. I went to one of the bakery shop in Kuching yesterday. Hotdog buns are RM1.30 and it is not enough to be taken as lunch. For me, at least eat 2 pc, which gives us RM2.60. Some people might need 3pcs, which the total would be RM3.90. With RM2.50, we can also eat one plain fried rice.

If I compare the price of food in my office cafe with the bread sold inside the cafe, still, eating rice is still cheaper. Fast food of 1 vege + 1 meat cost me RM1.90, while, simple garlic bread or tuna sandwich is already RM2.00. Whether or not I will feel full is another story.

If we are to compare in term of health, rice is much healthier choice than bread (my opinion). This is because bread is made of flour (artificial) while rice is not artificial items. Although it's true that one spoon rice equals to 6 spoons sugar, but still rice is much healthier choice for us.

Anyone with better opinions ?

Comments

Rose world said…
Hi Didi! If you ask me, I would prefer rice than bread. Bread can substitute rice when you are bored with rice.

With everything increase in price, staple food like rice and bread are getting pricey. And yes, bread, pastries and buns are very expensive now.

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis