Bak Kut Teh @ BDC Hiang Mon Low

On one of my UNPAID FORCE LEAVE, BF and I met at BDC for lunch. I just accompany him since I need to shop at Watson. As usual, lunch at bdc would mean Bak Kut Teh for lunch.

Previously before the petrol crisis and current economy crisis, the bak kut teh is sold at RM5.80. A day after petrol increased is announced, the food price goes up to RM6.80. I thought that the price remains at RM6.80 until now. Although we are hit with economy crisis now, I don't see if there is any reason for the price to increae. But, I am shock when the price is actually RM7 per bowl of Bak Kut Teh!!! I was like "WHAT???"

BDC Bak Kut Teh which cost RM7!!

The Chillie & Garlic Rice

Some businessman really know how to 'kill' their customer. Unlike before, the place at Hiang Mon Low is not that crowded anymore. I think, some shop owner just take the advantage of economic crisis to benefit their on wallet. Bet, they claim that their earning is less than 3K per month when in actual facts, the earning is much more than that. Frankly, I rather eat McD than Bak Kut Teh which cost me RM7 NOT INCLUDING drinks!!

Comments

Rose world said…
Wah! RM7.00 for a bowl of bak kut teh?? For 1 or 2 persons??

Although very near my house, I seldom go there for breakfast.
Dav DiDi said…
Rm7 per person.. very expensive leh ... and its only bak kut teh with garlic rice...

I rather eat mcd than ordering this bak kut teh!!
Netster23 said…
I didn't realize that! I go there every sunday.

Yes, the price haven't gone down since the last revise of petrol price.

we are in recession.

Cheers

p/s Felt sorry for your BF
roken said…
helo, anyway it is my favourite plc for bak kut teh in kch. i really want to go there once i get back to kch.lolz
Dav DiDi said…
Once a blue moon, should be ok .. but if everyday eating here, i'll get broke soon .. hahhaa
JenJen's Place said…
WAH LAU!! RM7 per bowl!! I remember the time when we only pay RM5.80..

But having said that, compared to KL, still consider reasonable. For 2 person to eat bak kut teh in KL with rice, yau char kueh and drinks, easily over RM20....
Dav DiDi said…
Yeah, but in Kuching, RM7 is consider very expensive oh ...
Some more, with pay cut .. RM7 is really VERY expensive. hahahaha

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis