A Real Dog's Lover

I salute this couple, who kept more than 20 dogs at their house. If not mistaken, there is rules saying that a house can only have maximum 3 dogs. This couples has more than 20 dogs simply because some irresponsible people abandon their dogs near to their compound.

Some people just never bother to even feed their dogs or simply let their dog linger around the neighbourhood. This is the case with the dogs outside my house.

The white 'big dog' that I use to feed had found a new master. I always see him around the other lorong, inside a house. That is good news to him. I thought, I do not need to feed any stray dogs anymore. But this is wrong. Not long after the big 'white dog' left the territory, here comes another two, much bigger dog lingering the area. Not only these two brothers but there are also 2 local dogs around. I don't know whose owner is these two brothers, but they definitely is belong to somebody! Why? Because they are 3x my dog's size and is definitely not a local dogs. I believe they are brothers because of the color and also they don't fight with each other when I gave them food in one plate.

OK, I drifted to far. For me, I'm not a real dog's lover. I complaint about having to bring my dog for yearly injection, heart-worm injection and also neutering her. Hahaha..

Well, in my opinion, a real dog's lover would:
- Pay for the dog's food and medication
- Spray / neutering the dogs to prevent more stray dogs
- Pampering and treating a dog as a family, not as a watch dog!

I agree that one of the purpose of having dogs around is to scare away thief. But although this is the case, dogs too have feelings. Putting them in a cage 24 hours or tied them 24 hours isn't the way. We will just gets a mentally disrupt dog. When these dogs starts to bite people, we take it as bad dog without taking the consideration on their condition and mentality.

Some owner just simply keeps several types of dogs from different breed as part of having fun or 'collection' or maybe for contest. This is NOT a real dog's lover!! It's just a hobby in satisfying their own 'wants to know' mind.

Well, I hope that for those who have dogs, please take good care of them. Feeding them only is not enough as pets owner. If you can't take good care of a pets then better just leave it to other people' care!

Comments

Rose world said…
sometimes stray dogs come to my parents' house and take shelter!! :p i guess dog lovers like my mum has an aura that dogs can sniff and they obey her.

Tell u the truth, my mum keep a stray golden retriever and a stray terrier for few years now. :p
Dav DiDi said…
Wahhhh ... so good ah .... got non-local dogs go to your mum house...
i have one stray dog previously .. but he found new owner liau .. now , i have 2 other stray dog .. but they are quite jealous with my dogs lor ... i didnt keep them. only feed them

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis