Buah Salak - amazingly tasty !!




Couple of days ago, a friend of mine came back from Miri. He bought some fruits as souvenirs. The fruits – “buah Salak”. I use to saw this fruits whenever I pass the bus terminal in Niah, Miri but I never buy them as I do not know how to eat them.



On appearance, the fruits are dark red and a bit of chocolates. The skin looks like snake skin of the size of a golf ball. When I saw it, I dare not eat as it looks like not edible. I didn’t even know how to eat them!! Hehehehe …



Well, my friend shows how he peels off the ‘snake’ skin. At first, I don’t know how to peel it off but I learn it after a few trials. It’s like peeling off the skin of boil eggs. Hahaha…. (or am I dreaming of boil eggs now??)

The inside are totally different from outside. It looks nice with its white colors (reminds me of rambutan). I try one bite and it taste a little bit sour and also sweet. The taste is unique and crunchy. The seeds inside is also chocolate color, as smooth as durian’s seed (only the colors are different). With the sweet and sour taste, it seems to make me hungry and addicted. I ate about 5 of them within few minutes.


I wonder why is it that this fruits are sold everywhere in Miri (especially in Niah, Miri) as I can hardly get one in Kuching. Sob sob sob... (missing these fruits now)

For those that never try this stuff, get one and experience the yummy taste of buah salak now!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis