Cost of A Wedding

Lately, a lot of my friends got married and even my cousins and relatives too. In Dec '07, I have around 5 wedding invitation. Other months, no need to say. Happy, and upset too. Happy for the couples to finally get together but upset because this mean a hole in my wallet. Hahaha .. But when I think about it, the most hole is on the couples.

Wedding Photo
Hhmmm.. Let me see. I start with wedding photo. It range from cheapest, RM500 to RM5000. Standard is RM2500 for 40 pieces of photos in one album with different position and different background. Hhmm, some of the photoshop people will charge more than Rm50 per photo! Aikss... So, there goes RM2500

Wedding Gown, Makeup, Bla Bla
During the prom night, my friend did some survey on the evening dress in few bridal shop. I will use this as simple guideline. Ok, let me see... Let say one gown for one day cost RM200. Guy also need to wear wor .. Let say, cheaper.. RM100. Nowadays, makeup artist is very expensive too. I follow my cousins to find a makeup artist and it cost RM400 per day!! Let's use this as guideline. So this means around RM700-RM1000 for those stuff. Aiks, forgotten about evening dress for the dinner. Let say, it's the same price - RM200. So, total will be RM900-RM1200.

I'm not finished yet! Flowers, arch and decoration. Let say I put the budget of RM500 - RM1000 (arch very expensive bah). Invitation card, let say RM1 per piece and I need 100 pieces. So, this means RM100 for invitation cards ONLY.

Church service, flower girl, car rental, car decoration, and other rojak stuff.. Let say, RM1000 (enough or not???).

I forgot! What about pillow, mattress, blanket and other things that needed. Not sure if RM500 is enough. Hahaha, let say we assume it's enough.

So total so far would be RM2,500 + RM1,000 + RM100 + RM1,000 + RM500 = RM 5,100

OK. The amount sounds ok. But..............

Dinner Reception
For the simplest dinner at a restaurant with some nice foods, let say RM400 per table:
1. Auntie, uncle, cousin, niece, nephew and relatives - 15 tables for one side. So this means 30 tables = RM400 * 30 = RM12,000
2. Friends & Colleagues - 3 tables (no money liau) = RM400 * 3 = RM1,200
Total = RM12,000 + RM1,200 = RM13,200

ALL IN ALL, this would mean .. RM5,100 + RM13,200 = RM18,300. Errm, did I miss out anything ??? Hahahaha, from this figure, no need to go honeymoon liau. Pokai already.

Aikssss !! I forgot the most important thing. WEDDING RING!!!! Errrmmm, RM1000 for one ring, so this means RM2000 for 2 ring ... Stingy ??? Hahahaha .....

So, AT LEAST 20K to get married !!!!

Comments anyone ?????

Comments

JenJen's Place said…
booo hoooooooo!! I only budget RM15K nia to get married! I dont want to get married liaw! I kahwin lari!!!
Dav DiDi said…
Hahahaha ..

You know, my friend go for the simplest wedding and it cost her 18K wor ..

15K .. for me .. tooooooo little oh !!!
rebeena said…
hmm...Dav i think below also kena take in cost, like

- PIM KIM/ Ping Jin (RM10K),
- Ang Pau for those who help up and younger kid (RM1K),
- noon buffet after "pang teh" for 2side (RM2K)
- room renovation (RM5K)
- furniture (RM5K)

and etc etc lagi...guess it will more den RM18K...i think is nearly RM50K need up for nowdays wedding. Really Kia C Lang

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis