Petrol - Floating Rate vs Fixed Rate

As I'm in the mood of reading TheStar and also nagging from BF to ask me to increase my general knowledge, so I go visit TheStar and read some news.

In my despair, I came across the news with title "Fuel Price Plan on Monday - either set floor level or float".

The news is about the discussion of whether or not to set the fuel price as floating or flat. Well, I don't mind if they set it into the flat rate. But when I get to the end of the paragraph, I was very annoyed that I can't stop from posting my opinion in my blog. The paragraph sounds like this:

"Shahrir said Fomca had proposed that the petrol floor price be set at RM3 per litre to encourage the prudent use of petrol, promote the use of public transport and push for development in alternative energy"

My first impression is "WHAT??!!!" Just because of promoting public transport, the suggestion is to set the petrol price as RM3 per litre??? Come on lah!! We are oild producer and we pay the same rate as other country? This really doesn't make sense at all.I live in Sarawak. Do they think everywhere has the same and good public transport? Please think about Sabah & Sarawak before making any assumption. From my workplace to my house, there is NO public transport at all. And if I'm to use public transport (my only solution is van sapu), it will cost me:

RM5 (per time) * 22 days * 2 (go and back home) = RM 220 !!!! My petrol consumption now is RM100 if I use my car lar .. What benefits does it gives to me ??

No doubt that in other parts of M'sia, public transport is very convenient. But please check on the public transport here... No aircond, noisy and not punctual at all!! Who is going to be responsible if I am late to work? Does this mean I MUST go to work at 5am??? Just to be safe that I won't be late?

Not only that... By setting it to RM3 per litre, other businesses will start increasing their price AGAIN. How are we, the small potatoes going to survive? Petrol - pay, parking - pay, No parking ticket - saman, Pass toll - pay... All is money. Everything keep increase but not SALARY.

I really really hope that related parties can be considerate and THINK of us the small potatoes. We don't have petrol allowance. We don't have food allowance. We don't have any other types of allowance but our little rice bowl of few Ks. And some, not even 1K..... We are human too!!!!

Comments

Don Puk said…
RM3 per litre is just too much, way beyond the highest fuel price in recent years. Furthermore, another comment has ticked me off:
"The Government now gets some revenue due to the difference in the ex-refinery price and the price oil companies sell petrol to station operators."
WTF!?!? Gov making money from the Rakyat!?!? Quote of the Year: "For the good of the Rakyat"---Yeah right!! My axx-hxxx la!!
Kree said…
Stupid FOMCA; people are talking about retrenchment; VSS; unpaid force-leave; loss of income - they are talking about increasing price of petrol & diesel which would increase everything. Nanti sudah jatuh, ditimpa tangga; wang VSS yang sikit makin cepat habis. Sarawak's FOMCA - say something to Peninsula FOMCA: Sarawak's public transport is die, die, die! Not that we don't want to use public transport to work, but there is none going to our workplace. Right, didi?
Dav DiDi said…
Only potatoes like us know what it taste like on vss ... what it taste like, every month, looking at our bank account, budgeting for not over spending...
Kok said…
DD,
I agree with you. The public transport in east malaysia is just tooooo bad! The bus here...duhhh! No eyes see.

I'm not trying to break the country apart. But look at the development here compare to West M'sia. So much different! Somemore, we have so much things to export and contribute to the country. In the end, what do we get?

I think, in order for Malaysia to get improved... somethings need to be done. I think you can guess what. ;)

RM3/litre is too much. I rather they make it a float rate. Everyday change rate; like those in Aust. It's fair to everyone. What do you think?
Dav DiDi said…
Hi Kok,

Yeah!! I agree with you .. everynite, sitting down in front of TV listening to news just makes me sleepy ... with all the talks ....

They should make it like in Aus and not just talks .. I mean if I'm not mistaken, Aus has something called "inflation rate" in everything. Including salary .... there is extra payout of salary when inflation goes up or down.. apart from it , every employee too have their own basic salary .. why can't we do something like that or something better instead of everything fixed just in the order of making life easier... fixed doesn't necessary equal to easier life..
Rose world said…
Why need to set floor price for petrol, now it is reducing rate. Funny! and yes, they should consider us at the East. We always at the disadvantages
Dav DiDi said…
Hi Rose,

Agree with you ... in everything, we gain the less of it ... and some of the west thought we still live above the tree. huh!

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis