Western Digital Closing Down?

Yesterday afternoon, BF told me about the news that WD or known as Komag previously is shutting down their branch in Kuching. I was like "HAAAA??". At the same time yesterday my company HR told us about the force leave.

Well, first thing came to my mind is I'm lucky that we only have force leave (at the moment) while others will be known as jobless in March next year. I also thank God that I didn't get accepted into WD previously. Yeah, I had phone interviews once and lucky that they thinks I'm not suitable. Back at that time, I'm so eager to leave this company and was very frustrated that they didn't call me back. I guess God knows what is best for us.

I can't imagine what will the workers in WD feel with such sudden state. Can you imagine what will you think when your main 'rice bowl' is being smashed into pieces? Worst thing is when you have family and your wife/husband is also working at the same company. All of sudden, the financial income is cut off. How can you pay for the house, car or maybe milk powder for your kids? What will you do in order to make sure your families stays alive?

The news also mentions that the staff can actually opt for two choice; either to get the compensation or to work in the Johor branch. Well, out of 1000 employees, I doubt all of them will be transfered to Johor. What about looking for another job? It is so hard to get a job now. Every company is cutting cost and cutting off their budget. Hiring is freeze. Where can all these people go?

Will this means that crime rate in Kuching will increased? Or does this means that the global economy is getting worst? What will happen next? Which company will be the next victim due to economy downturn?

Let's pray to God for His light and mercy, to guide us through this hard time..

Comments

Kok said…
DD,
Although the economy is bad, I guess there are still jobs out there. Now God is testing our patience I guess.
Dav DiDi said…
Yeah, at this moment, I guess the only thing we can do is to pray and be patience ...

HHmmm, well, I'm thinking of searching for partime during my 'force leave' .. else, I am really going to grow mushrooms

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis