Sarang Semut Cookies - The Recipe


Last Sunday, due to rain, I decided to start my baking session for the CNY. So, the first items on my head will be Sarang Semut cookies. Some of you might be wondering, what is that?

I still remember when I'm a kid, I will always ask my mum to bake sarang semut. This is also favourites for everyone who comes to visit my house. Even this year, after telling a good friend about baking them, she had ask me to bake more for her. Her sister is coming back, so I'm gonna pass it to her sister to bring it over for her.. Hhmmmm,...

OK, let me share the recipe.. Photos? Well, it's in my camera and I'm so lazy to download it out for now :)

Ingredients:
3 oz custard flour
6 oz butter
11 oz flour
3 oz sugar
2 egg yolk
3 tea spoon condensed milk
1 tea spoon baking powder
Choc Chips for decorations (the ants)

How?
1. Beat butter and sugar for 10 minutes
2. Beat condensed milk and egg yolk for 5 minutes
3. Sift custard flour, flour and baking powder together
4. Mix well butter mixture and egg mixture then add in flour mixture, stir well into a dough
5. Grate dough through small whole grate so that it comes out bit by bit
6. Scoop onto paper cups and bake

Comments

Rose world said…
I like this cookies too!!

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis