Caffeine Bad for Kids

While I'm driving my car, there is this two DJ - JJ & Ian on the morning crew talking of things and jokes, etc, etc. One of the topics interest me. JJ mentions that caffeine actually had an impact on kid.

By taking caffeine (coffee lor) when you are a kid, it can actually effect the kids' growth. Hhmmmmm, no wonder I'm so short. It must be the impact of caffeine! Arghhhhh!!!!! HHmmppffff!!!!

Ok, back to the topics. After listening to the morning talk, I did some google search on the impact of caffeine. Before this, my thinking of cafeeine is coffee. I didn't know that actually sweetened soft drink contains caffeine as well. Sodas too!! Wahhhhh....

According to a source, caffeine is "a stimulant which acts on the central nervous system to speed up the messages to and from the brain." Hhmm, scary......

Caffeine gives a bad impact to kids actually. Here are some of the impacts that I found while googling:
Obesity
Increase nutritional dificiencies
Dental cavities
Causes water lost in the body
Affect the nervous system and as a result, heart problem

So, for those who did give their kids a try on caffeine, stop right now! Also whenever you gives your kids some sweetened soft drinks, perhaps is best to look at the ingredient first...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis