Sarawak's Children Cancer Society (SCCR) - Give Hope, Go Bald

This morning, when I checked my facebook, there is one unread mails in my inbox. It is from "The Spring". Well, I clicked them and read what is the latest happening there.

I don't really read what "The Spring" use to send but this one is extremely interesting. One of the sentences in the message are:

"donate to celebrity blogger Kenny Sia, he will be having his head shaved on Thursday 12th February, 8.00pm. You may donate to his cause at http://www.kennysia.com/archives/2009/02/starting-the-ye.php"

First impression is Kenny Sia to get his head shave?? Wow, this is really interesting!! Frankly, I'm not his loyal fan and I only visit his blog maybe once a month or when someone told me something nice in his blog, then I'll go there.But, to see some well-known bloggers shave his head for good cause, this is really something very interesting.

So for those who know Kenny Sia, let's give donation so that by 12 Feb 2009, they manage to collect 50K so that he will shave his head. I wants to see him shaving his head. Hahahaha!!!

As my mom is also a cancer victim, I know how bad it is to undergo chemo and radio therapy. Radio-therapy is not that bad but chemo-therapy can really change a person from fat/plum to a very slim and skinny person. It is a very suffering moment and the cost of the medicine is extremely expensive. I remember there is one time, hospitals run out of the chemo's medicine for my mom. Being government servant, she have the previledge of free medication in hospital. However, due to no stock in hospital, we had to buy the medicine in Normah. It is a small liquid bottle (around 6cm tall and 3 cm in diameter) that cost about 2K per bottle. She needed 2 bottle, which is 4K!!

What if a person is not a government servant? Or their parents aren't working under the government? Who would bear the cost? Can every person afford to come out with 50K for medication? My mom 2 bottle per session and 7 round of chemo, which in total 14 bottles!! This means 14* 2K = 28K for whole chemo session!! What about radio therapy? Follow up? Etc?

For a good cause, let's donate for SCC and at the same time, see Kenny Sia without any single hair!!! Let's bloated Spring this coming Thursday... See you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis