La Beaute Expo

Day 1
SK, AppleJul and I reached the place at 9am. When I reach there, I saw that the person in charge just arrive. We looks like school kid wearing daddy's t-shirt. In the morning, I just had simple breakfast of coffee + biscuits.

When we got there, we had to cut paper and number it. It is for the contestant for the day. Things quite good and we are all given one bottle of mineral water. I started to enjoy my day one of doing something different than what I'm doing in office.

The only major setback for today is in term of differentiating trade or non trade. For normal visitors, we are suppose to give a visitor sticker. For those who are working or connected to beauty job scope, we are to give the trade visitor. Some whom we recognize as trade, doesn't want to be recognize as trade. Tough!

Anyway, everyone is asking about the goodies bag. I guess this is typical culture here where when there are free gifts, everyone would come queueing up for it. Too bad that we had to wait until noon time as there has been delay for the incoming.

Lunch time, I ate fried rice. It's free and the taste smells like my cafe food. Luckily they have the chicken rice's chillies. I pour all into the fried rice so that it taste better. After my lunch, Erica had asked me to go into the store and help out Lily & AppleJul to packed the goodies bags.

In total, we had packed 1000 goodies bag!!!!! Imagine that! I felt a bit frustrated and my butt pain due to sitting too long. My leg cramp as well because the space is too limited and we cannot move freely. Everywhere around us are sample and bags.

AppleJul and Lily started packing at 11am. I joined in around 1pm. We only manage to finished the job by 8.30pm. Yeah, sitting until my butt ache and only manage to eat 'cha sio pau' for dinner. After tidy up everything, it is already 9.00pm. We are very tired and just went home without telling anyone. SK too went home sharp at 9pm. Hehehe....

Day 2

Finally the actual opening of La Beaute. I reached there at around 9.15pm. Well, not my fault that I'm late. BF came to pick me at 9am bah.

For the one whole day, we are at the counter. There is one girl, that came yesterday, came again today and once again, claim the goodies bag. Hhhmmmm.... I had no proof and just let her to have the goodies bag.

One of the manager brief us and told us to notify all the visitors that they have lucky draw today at 11am. Well, this is really ridiculous. We do exactly what we are asked for. At 11am sharp, he collected all the registration slip but there is no announcement of lucky draw. I waited and waited for any announcement because BF came in at 10am.

Again today, the free food is either fried rice or fried bee hoon. SK, AppleJul and I decided to have McD. I ordered Big Mac. Can't manage to finish the fries, so I tapau back to eat at the counter. My leg started to feel pain for wearing the shoes. Walking to McD is actually a torturing as my leg feels like its coming off.

During the opening, all the management is wearing coat and long shirt. I wonder if they feel hot or not. Or are they pretending the weather is very cold? Hhmmm, BF says that I looked like crazy girl with my hair so messy and my big t-shirt totally makes me looks different. Well, what to do...Haaaiihhzz, spoil my reputation. Hahaha...

Traditional dance on the opening ceremony ..


So, at around 3pm+ there is still no announcement of the lucky draw. Therefore, I asked Erica about it and from her sound, she is upset. Then she told me to get one of the lucky draw price and just take it that BF won the lucky draw. Wow! I didn't expect it.
Lucky draw price.. It cost Rm160++ !!!

The visitors after the opening is getting lesser and lesser. It might be because of Wesak Day. Whatever reason, it is good news for us. Yeah!!

Here are some photos taken by BF. He name the file "buruh kasar" because I mentioned that the job is like a job for buruh kasar.


Personal think - this is too scary...


P/S: Not sure about all of you, but if I'm going to see any of them at night time, I'm going to run amok, thinking I saw ghost.. No wonder BF say a lot of 'ghost' with different colors on the stage....

Day 3

By day 3, my leg is showing rejection to move, my back ache and I feel that my skin is getting darker. Gosh!! What happened to me?

I reached there at almost 10am. I went to church and godmum's house before went there. Godmum had packed me some fried chicken wing and some 'Ngo Hiang' as she scared that I will get hungry. She keep on asking if it is enough or not. Haaaaiihhhzz, now I know why I get fat easily..

Nothing much for today but I heard there are some issue on the stage. Hhmmm, since it doesn't concern me, then I don't bother to know more.

At the end of the day, we are all eager to know if we wil get paid on that day or we need to go to the centre to get the salary. Well, I get extremely irritated when the manager keep passing the counter with the make don't know face. When everyone is already gone, he pass by again and ask "Aiks, how come all of you still here, so hardworking".

For me, this is one stupid question! I want my hard earn money!!!!

Anyway, these 3 days is really a tiring and unforgettable experience. In future, if anyone asked if I wants to work part time on any expo, well, I will consider if the salary is at least RM100!!! It's totally not worth it to work like a mad girl and in return, gets RM50.

So, what free gift do I get? Apart from the 'lucky draw' gift, I get 2 goodies bag, BF got 1 and some facial cleanser given by the kind hearted lady as appreciation for us to bring so many customers to her booth.
More like one year cleanser supply!

Comments

It does sound like you work very hard, hope you get some good from it.
RaiNboW said…
So fast come out from hibernation? The last time i go hibernation, I disappear for one week plus le...
Dav DiDi said…
Rainbow, that is scheduled posting .. hahaha ..

Kimberly, yeah .. work very hard ... anyway, i gain memory and experience

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis