Local Fruits – “Muluk”

Not long ago, BF gave me one type of local fruits, from his hometown, Niah. I can’t recall if I had ever tried this before but the smell is almost as strong as the king of fruits, durian.

Inside the skins consist of lots of small type of fruits. The taste is very smooth (a bit like another local fruits here, nangka). It is white in color. I would suggest that if anyone comes to Sarawak, it’s a good idea to buy one and try it. It’s an eye opener for foreigner.
Some people would fry or boil the seed and the taste is just like peanut. I have never tried the fried/boil of the seeds. Well, if I have the chance, will let you know how it tastes.

Comments

Rose world said…
I dont remember i ever try this fruit, but it does look like nangka!!
Dav DiDi said…
Yeah .... the taste is totally different from nangka though

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis