Platinum Credit Card

Have anyone receive a credit card eventhough you had not apply for one?

Few weeks ago, I got a shock when I receive a letter for the pin number for one of the bank that I've serve my whole life. At first, I thought they send new ATM card for me as I didn't activate the current one.

I called the hotline and they told me that this is actually a pin number for credit card application. In their records, I didn't apply for it but the bank had giving me an offer for a platinum card. The first thought that came into my mind is "What the hack?"...

One week later, I receive the card. According to the postmen, a lot of people is complaining about receiving the credit card although they did not apply for it. Well, I believe business has gone bad that they try to find other alternative for card sales.

Anyway, after thinking twice, I thought there's no harm to get this one and cancel my current one. Reason is simple - the bank that offer me this card is international bank. Then, I google about the credit card and the annual fees. Apart from paying for annual fee, there's a government tax of RM50.

I'm shocked when I find out that platinum credit card have a higher annual fees. For this case, it's RM250. Crazy!!!! This would means that I'm going to pay RM250 + RM50 just for one piece of card!.. No thanks.. What I did? Well, I get my punch holes and punch a hole on the card. Why should I waste my money over a platinum card? lol....

Anyone else getting credit card 'offered' to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis