Lunch at Hua San Court, Hui Sing




It is actually a shame that I've stayed at Hui Sing for 28 years and I've never been to this coffee shop! So, on one morning where it is drizzling, I asked my dad to go out Hui Sing for lunch.

While waiting for my dad to visit his favourite shop (lottery shop, what else!), I walked around and saw a stall selling my old time favourite - Claypot mee.

The best claypot mee that I've tried is 'mee in pot' at Hong Kong Noodles, Wisma Saberkas. I've tried a few stall around Kuching but none is of it comparable to the one in Hong Kong Noodles. The price there is reasonable too, compared with other place.

Since I'm the one that is more fussy with food, my dad just let me decide where to had lunch. I ordered seafood claypot mee while my dad ordered 'pak lo' pork rice.

The claypot mee is superb! With some wine in the soup, it totally change the whole taste of the dish. The soup taste a little bit sour and sweet. The prawn and fish is very fresh too. The mee is nice too. Anyway, the portion is actually too much for me and I shared some to my dad. By adding one egg into the dish, the whole claypot mee is comparable to Hong Kong Noodles.

As for the 'pak lo' pork rice, it's very nice as well. The freshness and the smell of the pork slice can make me drool (in fact I'm drooling while posting this up).


Oh gosh, how can I just taste the food here although I've live here for ages? I should have come here earlier! This is indeed what makes Kuching the eatery fun place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis