Chinese Wedding Tradition

Normally, I always skips this part of a wedding each time someone is getting married. However, yesterday, I went to my cousin's tea ceremony. Hehehehe ...

After the church service, I went to Batu Lintang for kolo mee. Lucky that my godmum is there too as I have someone to help me finish up my kolo mee. Kekekeke ...
Also my kopi peng. Actually, I want to order coffee with milk but less or no sugar (but I'm confuse with kopi kosong, kopi and kopi o). Hehehehe ....

OK, after the breakfast, I went to her house. Not many people that time so my dad, me, godmum and my little two niece went to Boulevard on foot (it's 2 minutes away from her house bah). The aircond in Boulevard is extremely cold (I wonder when will they get their electricity bills). When I get inside, a group of cleaners ask me some questions when they saw my niece. "Ini twin kah", "Mana satu tua" and "Berapa umur?". Hahahaha .. Yayayaya, they are twins and quite a naughty one too.

After that, my brother call and say they are already there. So, we head back to the house. First, are the tea ceremony. I realize there are few rules here. The couples need to serve tea for the older generation
s. Lady sits on the right while guy on the left. Tea are to be serve to the guy first. And the one being serve tea will need to give ang pau. I think it is representing good wealth. Not so sure... Hehehe.. If the elder generation are standalone (meaning either husband/wife passed away), then the lady/man need to drink 2 cup of tea. Hhmmmm... As for same level generations, if older than the couple, also tea will be serve to them. For younger age than the couple, younger one will serve tea to the couple and the couple will give ang pau to the young one. Hahaha, yayaya, this means I receives ang pau too. Hhmmm, I wonder who will serve the tea a person is younger than the couple in term of age but are higher rank in term of generations..... Hahaha..

Anyway, here are some of the photos of the tea ceremony... Kekeke ...



For me, I serve my cousin in laws tea as I'm younger. Too bad, no photos of me serving the tea now.. Kekeke...

Then, lunchtime!!! Here are the photos of the food. Hahahahaha ... I ate some lime chicken, honey chicken and vegetables. Yummy...!!!!




Hahaha .. I know... I took a lot of the food photos.......... Excited to see food mar.. That's me!

This is the driver

After that ..... I went home. First thing I do is take my bath, writing my blog, rest and then get ready for dinner...............Hehehehe ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis