In Memory of Nurin - The World Is Not Safe Anymore

I still remember the time where I use to go around my house, walking alone here and there. Actually, I enjoyed going round alone.

As my parents is working, so they hired a "kakak" to take cares of me. I still remember I walked home from kindergarten alone, trying to be independent. Although I gave her some heart attack for doing so, I actually felt happy as I manage to find my way home. I also remember cycling around from one lorong to another. My parents and kakak do always scold me for being so playful but still I never listen.

If we see at today's world, kids can no longer walking around freely. We heard news of abduction and we never knows what will happens tomorrow. Kids soon will lost their freedom. Even playing on the playground with some other kids might gets dangerous.

While reading the newspaper, I found this website which are setup in memory of Nurin. Check this blog and please do forward the links. This way, we could alert everyone about the safety of children and stop cruelty on children!!

Comments

Rose world said…
very very true didi! the world is no longer safe for us and children to roam around! Very pitiful
Dav DiDi said…
yeah .. grown up should takes care of the young one .. but now the young one must be protected from the grown up ..
Anonymous said…
Dav,

I love your poem. It's very true. I'm sure you've made a good memory too. You took such a lot of photos. Even, food "can't let go"!!! :) Your brother really good in decorating lar.. I'm surprise!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis