Talcum Powder Causes Ovarian Cancer

While watching news on NTV 7, it caught my attention on this topics. Talcum powder can cause ovarian cancer? Gosh!! Stated in the news that those who uses talcum powder daily has 41% risk of ovarian cancer. That's a lot!!!!!!!

This mainly impacted on babies since babies would use powder almost everyday and each time they took bath. Well, question is why is it that the impact is only found today?

I'm a loyal user for Johnson & Johnson baby powder. Huhuhu, after I checked on the content, it shows that the powder consist of Talcum. Waaaa!!!! Heart-broken!!!! First, I just bought new big bottle of baby powder. Second, what am I suppose to put on if not Johnson powder??? The truth, I hate other powder's smell.. Huhuhu... Third, does this means that I have 41% risk of ovarian cancer? Alamak.. Helppppp....

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/2/18/nation/3286307&sec=nation

Comments

Rose world said…
er, u mean talcum powder rub all over ur body? never heard of such thing!

Now I am concern about my little gal using talcum every day. Maybe should switch to body lotion instead??
Anish said…
Usually, it gives a fresh look. But, if used beyond the extent that has to be, it can cause the so called diseases.
Dav DiDi said…
Hi Rose,
Yeah, I think so as the news mention if use daily .. I guess include use the powder all over our body ... It's in TheStar as well... I've stop using for 2 days and really feeling not right .. going to hunt for a non-talc powder...

Hi Anish,
This is the first time I heard of it .. I guess all the chem produce items are hazardous to our body ..
"The study’s lead researcher, Dr Maggie Gates, was also reported as saying that women should avoid using talcum powder in the genital area until more research was done"

i think they didnt make it clear that one can be exposed to it if only the powder is used in the genital area.

“Talc particles are capable of moving up the reproductive system and being embedded in the ovary lining,” <-- "moving up" should give the idea already.

i hate knowing if i cant use talc powder anymore!
Dav DiDi said…
Same here !! Been using for so long and out of sudden , not able to use.. everyday, i feel something is missing.. sobs

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis