Technical Paper - DD Do's and Don'ts

For the whole week, I have been thinking, researching, reading articles and other abstracts from previous symposium. It looks to me that each paper presented is very much different and unique with their own way. There is no way for me to copy or measure how to write based on the sample.

The worst problem that makes me headache is my English. After 20++ years of writing Malaysian English, it is so hard for me to write a proper standard of English paper. Not sure how good is my English but as I think of a way to write, I really feel that my English is so low-grade. Hhmmppfff!!!

First discussion with my colleague has been done. We had already change our ideas and opinions. He pointed out some points that he thinks I should include and I pointed out what he need to take into consideration. Let me share what my opinion is when writing a standard technical paper:
- 'I', 'me', 'you' type of sentences MUST be avoided. My opinion is because you are writting a paper, not writing a notes
- If it's for a company purpose, never ever mention anything about what your company use, implies or procedure as this is more likely telling people, "Hey, shoot me with questions!"
- Similar in writing codings, same goes to paper. List out what you want to write before you actually writing them
- Think of the area that you want to focus on and the strength. Too much focus point will makes you lost focus.

If all things goes as plan, DD will be going to ..........
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
..
..
..
..
.
.
. Kumamoto, Japan

So, wish be all the best ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis