Global Warming, Save the Planet - Save Water

No doubt that water is extremely important in our life. But, wasting them is totally NO NO NO!! Previously, I like to play with water while cleaning my car. I realize that this is very wrong. Imagine 20 years down the road, will I still be able to play with water while cleaning my car? Or can I even clean my car like how I use to do it?

Some country is already facing water issue. Not to mention the whole world, even some part of Malaysia is having water issue.

Each of us can contribute in minimizing water wastage. As for me, I think this is what we can do in minimizing water wastage:

  1. When taking bath, do not fill in your bath tub full with water and lie in it while relaxing. Indeed this is a good way to relax but it is actually wasting a lot of waters. Remember taking shower is better than taking bath (got different oh!)
  2. When brushing your teeth, don't let the pipe water flows out into the sink
  3. When cleaning your car, try to use pail instead of spraying your car with water
  4. In cleaning your clothing, make sure the washing machine has reach its capacity. If you have only 2 cloth, why bother to use washing machine???
  5. If there is any water leakage in your home, remember to get it fix and not just make don't know. This can also save your water bills
  6. Do not flush the toilet unnecessary. Best is to have to types of flushing installed in your toilet (I know, not many have this in their home)
  7. Do not use running water from the tab to thaw meat or frozen food. This is extremely wasting!
  8. Collect rain water. This can be use to water the plants or washing your car

Remember, every drop of water is PRECIOUS!

If each of us still 'sleeping' rather than play a part in conserving water, rivers or 'sungai' may not exist anymore during our grand-children time.

Comments

I do all I can to save the water, in Georgia, USA we had a severe drought a few years ago, I learned how precious water is. We die without it.
Dav DiDi said…
Oh, is it ??

I had never experience that before but I know that without water, life is going to be tough ..
BeWaterWise Rep said…
It's good that you have posted a blog on this matter. Water shortage is a growing concern worldwide. Southern California is also facing it. Hence it's very important to spread awareness about it. To add to your tips, here are some more: http://www.bewaterwise.com/tips01.html which you might find useful. Keep the initiative rolling!
Dav DiDi said…
Hi,

Thans for visiting my blog.. yes although that I do not have the water concern here, but in 10 or 20 yrs time, things might change. it is better to do something to contribute in saving mother Earth

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis