Breastfeeding and Me


Throughout my new chapter in life as a breastfeeding mothers in the new century, I find it rather dissapointed when most elders ignores the benefit of breastfeeding. For them, formula is better. Baby gets the nutrition. Fat babies is good as it shows that they are well fed. Breastmilk isn't enough for baby and they don't grow as good as formula baby.

Oh well, God create us, human and make us be able to bear our own fruit - baby to be call our child. God understands that baby need to be fed, therefore create mothers to be able to produce milk. But we human, manipulate this and created our own milk - formula milk. So tell me, why is it that God's milk creation cannot be compare with man-made milk? I choose to believe in the natural milk - breast milk.

Before this, I always thought that elders should know the best. But for this case, I'm really doubtful whether or not they really know what is best for babies. Even the formula milk had sentence that says mother's milk is the best so why some people still take that formula is the best?

So I decide to write some stuff about breastfeeding and its goodness:
- Protein: some baby will be allergic to protein contains in formula milk but the protein contain in breastmilk will never cause any allergic reaction to baby
- Fats: breastmilk contains the highest DHA and no cholesterol. It is easily absorb by baby compare with formula
- Carbohydrates: breastmilk is rich in lactose, oligosaccharides, which promote intestinal health. Lactose is important for brain development
- Immune boosters: breastmilk is rich in living white blood cells, millions per feeding. Also rich in immunoglobulins. Formula doesn't contain live white blood cells. When a breastfeed mother is expose to germ, her body will create the antibody to that germ and pass on to the milk for baby.

This is only a few of the benefits of breast milk. For the last one, its really true. I've fallen ill twice during my breastfeeding journey. Surprisingly, baby don't get any of my virus at all. Instead, she is much healthier than me!

Some people have concern about returning to work and won't be able to breastfeed. Not true! I'm a working breastfeeding mothers. There are a wide range of breast pump in the market. Why not invest in one rather than into formula milk?

Anyway, a decision of whether to breast feed is still in decision of own individual. As for me, I just don't understand why some elders support formula. Don't they read the news about baby dies after feeding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis