Parenting of Today's World

When I think of growing in the big world full with advanced technology like what we have now, I am not sure whether this is good news or bad news. With all the advance technology, crimes increasing. More and more teenagers or even younger kids gets harder to teach. On the other side, the advance technology does gives us benefits too, else, I wont't be here writing in my blog!

I encounter some of the people that are stubborn, naive, bad, bla bla bla ... It makes me wonder, why is it that some people are like this while the others are like that.

Some parents now tends to try to gives everything to the kids. While they are busy working, the would try to gives anything that money can buy. Is this good? If the kids are taken care by the maid or aunties or uncles or whoever, possibility for them to turn 'black' are much less than those that are left alone at home. They would grow up, not knowing much about their parents. For them, friends are the world.

While some other family would have the mother to takes care of the child. For me, this too, have good and bad. On the good side, the child would get to be loved by someone close to them. On the bad side, can the child stand on their own in future? There is a say in Malay "Hidup di bawah ketiak ibu". When will this child be independent and live their own life? Some child would grow up thinking that whatever they do, mummy will help. Thus, will never learn to be independent.

Modern technology especially television has HUGE impact to today's kid. I remember some little kids now call their mom "Stupid" or call the eldest "Oi!". It seems that kids nowadays gets a lot of bad influence from television.

When I'm born, my aunty takes care of me. As my parents are working and my aunty stay quite far from my real home, I use to stay at my aunt's house on weekday and went home on weekend. This actually create some misunderstanding for me when I'm kid. I'm confuse to know who is my real mum. Hahahaha...

As I grow up and went to kindergarten, my parent hire a "kakak" to takes care of me. Maybe because when I stay at my aunt's place I use to walk around within the neighbourhood. So, I always give heart attack to my 'kakak' thinking that I got kidnapped. Hehehehe ....

My parents are working. But they never try to satisfy everything that I want. Whatever that I want, there is an "IF" or "BUT". I still remember the big IF for my request of having a television in my room. "IF I get straight As in UPSR, my mum will buy me TV". Also, "IF I get straight As in UPSR, my dad would bring me for a tour in KL". KFC, Sugarbun, McD are not what I'll get most of the time. I learn to stand on my feet.

Compare to those with parents, those without parent's care is indeed easier to turn into the black sheep. Broken family is becoming a trend now. This always influence the young ones. Most people now don't take marriage as responsibility but as a pleasure. Most child that grow up in a broken family would feel distraught and that no one loves them. They don't feel the love of the parents due to the parent's broken marriage.

In term of parenting, it is getting harder now to teach and bend the child. It's not an easy task to takes care of a child. When parent controls the child, the child would gets frustrated. But if the parent don't controls the child, they might be misbehaved.

Hhmmm... I guess all that we can do is do our best and leave everything to HIM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis