Old People - Stubborn and Hard to Please

Have anyone had any problems handling old people? Well, I do..

My dad is around 60 years old and he is indeed very hard to please. With my stubborn behaviour and anger, sometimes I just couldn't bear to listen to him singing song of annoyance. During CNY, when we go visiting to relatives house, he would say all the bad things about me and my brother. I'm used to it and all I do is just keep quiet. Each time we go to relatives house, same conversation all over again:

Relatives : "So how is everything?"
Dad : "Also like that"
Relatives : "Good lar, no more working"
Dad : "What good, become the maid at home. And nobody seems to appreciate"
Relatives : "Don't say like tha"
Dad : "That's true, you don't know, I have a very bad children and never listen to anything"

And it goes over and over again until I don't feel anything about it anymore. Not only that, tomorrow is his birthday. Me and my brother plan to bring him out to eat. I asked him yesterday and all he says is "Don't want" in a very angry tones and upset. Ok, fine, I thought and would try again today. But still, I get the same answer with a louder tones and egoist voice. I'm getting fed up with his egoist attitude and temper. But I know, later when relatives ask how he celebrate his birthday, he would blame that we never do anything for him. I still remember, last year, this is what he told our relatives:

Relatives : "So how did you do for you birthday"
Dad : "What birthday. Nobody knows and care about it. It is same day like any other day. Other people remembers but my kids"
Relatives : *Don't know how to reply back*
Me : *Sit there pretending deaf*

But inside of me, I was like "What the hack!!". It's you that doesn't want to have the dinner and anything. Even if we buy something, we will get 2 wks nagging for whatever that we buy. And now, telling other people that we are the bad one.

This time, if he wants to sing the same song to anyone, whoever, whatever, I won't take anything into my heart anymore. I did my part as a children and I don't feel that, in any way, I am a bad daughter. I try as much as possible to be home and spends time with him and I did contribute to the family. If he wants to continue singing song of how bad I am, it's his mouth, up to him.

I guess my post for this is a bit similar with the one JenJen posted about her grandma.

Comments

Rose world said…
Hi Didi! You have a tag from me! Check it out in my blog! Enjoy it!
JenJen's Place said…
didi,
errrrrrrr.....i think ur dad inside is very proud of u both lar. Just old ppl have weird way of showing it
Dav DiDi said…
well...not gonna bring him anywhere to eat lor .. perhaps gonna buy properity burger before it finish..hehehe..

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis