Easter Vigil – The Baptismal

Finally, the day that all the participation is waiting for is here. It is the baptism of candidates that have been studying and attending Sunday classes for more than one year. BF is one of them.

On the way to St. Joseph Cathedral

We arrived at St. Joseph at 6.30pm although the mass starts at 8pm. When we reach there, the place is already crowded with people. I think everyone comes early to get a place inside the church.

Lighting of candles, represent the starting of Easter Vigil

As usual, the Easter vigil mass. The baptism is right before the communion. There are two types of baptism. The candidates can choose to go into the small pool or just simply pouring waters on the forehead. Many actually opt for pool. In total, there are 184 candidates tonight.

Before the baptism starts, I quickly make a move to the pool area so that I do not miss the chance of seeing it happening. Well, I am one of the big gals that are so eager in seeing it happening. Hahaha… All around me are kids’ ages below 12 years old.

"Dub dub dub".. Sound of heartbeat

"I'm baptist!"


After changing of cloth

Baptism

After the baptism, is the receiving of candle from Godfather. As I say, my dad is his godfather.

At the end of the night, BF actually didn’t know that for RCIA students, baptism and confirmation goes happens in one night. The question he had ask is “Have I receive confirmation?”. Haaiihhzzzz, I think the teacher didn’t really pass down the knowledge of the baptism until confirmation.

Light of Hope

Comments

Rose world said…
Congrats to your BF. And you must be proud of him for going through all those!!
Dav DiDi said…
Hahahaha .... but he don't even know that for adults, baptism and confirmation is 2 in 1 wor..

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis