30 Days No Shopping Challenge

Previously in my blog, I have set a challenge for myself, which is not to spend unnecessary. Items which consider unnecessary are nail polish, nail sticker, new cloth/bag/earing/watch/etc. Even junk food is consider an unnecessary. We exclude aerobic from the unnecessary list since it keeps our body healthy and maintain good metabolism.

So, the challenged is finally over for a week plus. Want to know how much I've spent for the whole month? Well, I deducted off petrol, ang pau (for weddings) and phone bills. For the whole month of Jul'09 I've spend RM240, this means averagely RM60 per mth!

Roughly this is my routine expenditure per week:
  • Every Friday night, I went to MJC pasar malam and spent roughly RM15.
  • On most UL and Saturday, I would usually had lunch outside with my dad, averagely RM15 per week.
  • Aerobics, once a week instead of twice a week = RM4
  • Roughly I spend about RM40 per mth for items such as shampoos, soap, etc. This gives to RM10 per week.
  • Church donation -> RM4 per week

Anyway, I actually survive the challenge for 2 wks + only. There is a shop, near to my house. The shop is sellings bags, earrings, belts, trousers, etc. Due to not enough time, they had to close down their shop. Before they closed down, they had make BIG SALES, which is very irresistable!! I keep on thinking of my challenge and also the fact that the shop will not survive until my challenge ends.

At the end, I give in and bought this office wear. Guess how much it is ?

And also a pair of earring cost RM3 (I think), normal price is RM16. I tried to snap the photos but all the photos turn out very blur.

So, I break my own challenge. *sobs*

Anyway, the total spend this month really breaks my own record. RM240 for the whole month!!

So, in crediting myself, I bought myself a pair of sandals. Again, guess how much is this ....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Comments

Rose world said…
Nice pants. Treat it as a gift for been tough on your challenge!!
Dav DiDi said…
Yeah .. some more, it's only RM10
Dav DiDi said…
Yeah .. some more, it's only RM10

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis