Wedding - Hot As the Hot Spring

With news all around us that someone getting married, I think the Rat year will be a good year for people to get married. So far, as have 3 confirm wedding invitation (all are my cousins) in Jan 16, Feb 1and May '08. Other than this, not sure if anyone is getting married too.

Ok, this is what I heard. It takes 1 month to register for marriage. Before marriage, there are a lot of rules and regulations (hahahaha). For chinese, 'mas kahwin' for the girl side is a must. For other race, the 'mas kahwin' are depends on each other. There are also some races in which, the girl side are the one that gives this 'mas kahwin' instead of guy side! Huh ........

Wedding is suppose to tie 2 people together, not to make their life hard. But in this 2008 and more into technology world, how can this be?? Everyone is talking about money. Money .. Money .. Money!!! Haaaiihhhh ...

I hope, for my future wedding, I'll make it the most memorable time with the less cost. Hhmm .. If my dad is ok, hope the 'mas kahwin' will be at 0 cost. Hahaha, I don't mind as my intention is to get married, not to dry up my hubby's saving!!! Other than that, church service, photo taking session and dinner reception definitely need too!!!! But, in cutting cost, I don't guarantee I'll put shark fin or abalone as one of the dish. Kekekeke ... Cost saving bah!.. But I guarantee everyone will feel satisfy. One of the place that I will definitely NOT doing my reception are HOTELS. They are EXPENSIVE and the food is LOUSY (I'm referring to particular hotels). Oh ya, another thing is NO NUMBERING OF TABLE!!!!

On the wedding dinner on 29-Dec-07, I learn one lesson. "Never ever answer when the eldest call you (hahahaha, is this a good advice??)" .... Well, my cousin's wedding allocate where people should sit. The eldest sit with the eldest and the young one sit with the young one. The table that my old auntie sit is suppose to have 10 people. When 4 people didn't come(sick mar), left with 6 people. Guess what .. as all of them are old and don't eat much, my "Tua EE" call me and ask me to sit with them. I thought, OK, in respecting them.

Mana tau .... That was the biggest mistake!!!!!! My "small uncle" keep giving me food. Aik, there goes my diet plan!.. So, what I can learn is don't put numbering on the table!!!!

Aik ... Alamak ... need to get back to work now ... I have 2 posting .. but pen drive are at home .. will post them tomorow. Coming up next are BBQ on New Year Day! (eat again)

Comments

rebeena said…
Mas Kahwin cannot be RM0.00, be it RM88,RM99,RM169,RM888 & so on, nice number, and the return also muz nice number from ger parent..

Some believe the return is a blessing for the man to buy a house/land, to give a ger a good starting family, hmm...something like tat la

Nowdays all is bout MONEY...there is No problem which MONEY cannot settle it all..hahaha
Only DREAM is FREE...
Rose world said…
Yeah, agree on the mas kahwin. For Chinese, even the gal's family didnt ask for the mas kahwin, but as a tradition and respect, a little amount of ang pow is good enough!

Just to tell you that even before your big day comes, you are going to have lots of headache planning for the wedding etc.....and again like you said, need to weigh against the pro and con when come to spending money on certain things! you wanna make it the most memorable day in your life without drying up your bank account or parents' money(as you only married once. er, correct?.

good luck!
Dav DiDi said…
Errrr..I guess I don't know about this as I'm not planning for marry yet but .. ya, I do know that about headache and sometimes, even quarell with our soon to be hubby!

Haaiiihhhh ... that's why I say .. MONEY MONEY MONEY !!!

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis