Smoking in Public Area

Hhmmm, taking off for lunch at 11.30am, I went to Garden Park Cafe (I think that's the name). Unable to find parking, so, I go to nearby coffee shop, end up in J & J Cafe.

The food in J & J Cafe is quite nice and the price is ok, as of a price of a more standard cafe than normal coffee shop. Me and bf sit inside the cafe.

I'm satisfied with the food and waitress there. But what annoys me is that there are customers that smokes in the cafe. I mean, I pay for RM3.80 for a nasi lemak that I could get for RM3 or RM2.5 elsewhere. Why is it that smoking is allow inside the cafe? There are sits inside and outside of the cafe. To pay more for the food, I expect at least there are some differences with the coffee shop outside.

I realize that no matter if it is a coffee shop or a cafe, there is no signs of NO SMOKING or partition the place between smoking and no smoking. From all that we know, the person sitting besides a smoker tends to have higher probability of getting cancer due to the smoke from the cigarette. So, why is it that still no rules or procedure to partition between smoking and non smoking zone in cafe? While eating my laksa, I felt annoyed and not satisfy as there is someone smoking and the price for the laksa is much expensive compare with coffee shop. My point is, by paying extra money, I expect there is some difference between coffee shop and cafe!! Hhhmmppffff ...

Don't you agree that there should be some law or procedure that says "NO SMOKING IN PUBLIC PLACES"???? I still remember I went to one coffeeshop in BDC. There are 2 guys keep smoking and purposely blow the smokes to where I'm sitting. Moving to another table, I looked at him with annoyance and 'jeling' him before I went away. So rude to blow the smoke to my table!

Gosh, I hope one day there is rules to banned cigarette!! Actually, I felt a little bit weird. Smoking is not good for health. But why on earth that everywhere we go, there is place call "Smoking Zone"? So guys, if you are out with me, stay away from me if you wants to smoke, else don't blame me if I started to nag!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis