Newbies in Page Ranking, Ex-Links, Referral Link, Blog Traffic

I started to learn about serious blogging, getting more into blogging and also earning money with blogs. Recently, there are a lot of rumors getting around my company here that makes me feel I cannot 100% depend on my job to feed my stomach.

So, I started with the ideas to get blogging into a partime money making.
Therefore, I learn about adsense, advertlets, nuffnangs. Recently, I started to learn and know the term "Page ranking", Ex-links, referral ink, blog traffic, etc... I realize, when I do more blog hoping, my adsense increase more than expected. If I don't, the adsense is lower or I can say none at all.

Page Rank
I come across this website, where we can check our PR( Page Rank, not public relation!). Suprisingly, my dull blog has the page rank of 3 out of 10!! Then, when I checked on the page rank for the super well known famous blogger KennySia.com, he too, have the page rank of 3! Of course, our KuchingBloggers.com has a higher PR.



Ex-Links
Normally, serious bloggers would visit other blogger site and leave their suggest to exchange links. In short, this is called ex-links. Like what I have here, there are list of ex-links. Not all the bloggers in my list is someone I know in person. Ex-links can help in PR and indirectly increase blog traffic. My first impression is "ERRMMM, this must be a joke. How can my dull blog gets to have the same PR as the famous KennySia. Then I find out page rank and blog traffic is two different thing. One might have a super duper high blog traffic but not page rank. WOW! I'm so proud of my own dull blog. Some of you might ask why. Well, PR is calculated based on total number of your blog links in google. It turn out that I have left my blog link in many other bloggers' blog. This is the reason I have the PR of 3. Hhmmm...

Blog Traffic

Well, to have a high PR doesn't mean I'll have high blog traffic. To leave my blog link in other blogs is easy. But to maintain the readers to come back is another thing. That is what blog traffic is. When there are many return visitor and reader recommending their friends/relatives/etc to go to your blog, that definitely will increase your blog traffic. High PR doesn't mean high blog traffic!


Link Referral

I find a very useful tools in increasing my PR and blog traffic. This is link referral. You can check on it by click the link on the right corner of my blog.
Hey! I'm newbies ok! So if there is some correction in what I say, do let me know. I'm learning and is still learning. If anyone has any other useful tips, do leave me some comment here ....

Thanks!!

Comments

The Muse said…
Thank you so very much, for taking the time to read my work and leave me such uplifting comments. I truly appreciate that.
And I must say I found your post here to very informative and quite helpful!
Dav DiDi said…
Hi Muse,

Thanks for the comment.. happy to see that I have new visitors here... :)
Kok said…
DD,
I used to have a PR3 rank but after I write paid post, they give me a zero!

Sorry but I don't mean to pour you cold water. PR3 is very easy to achieve. But when it comes to PR4, it's soooo difficult!
Dav DiDi said…
Hi Kok ..

Haha .. yeah, I know what you mean ... the only blog that is PR4 is kuchingbloggers... its so hard to find a blog which is more than PR3 ...

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis