Thief Prevention Tips

This morning, my neighbour's house is being ransacked by some small thief. I call him small thief because he came by himself and he is so stupid that he thinks coming in from the front door is ok.

Well, I guess he picked the wrong lorong. In my neighbourhood area, everyone knows everybody's business. Yeah!! It's true ok. My dad and this neighbour are friend and they use to go travel together. Also, other neighbours is always keeping watch of each other's house if we go for holidays or not at home.

My neighbour use to leave the house at around 5.30am to Camellite Church. I guess, the thief has survey aboutit for quite some times already. He knew that the neighbour won't be around that time. So, he broke in via the front gate (lol) and ransacked the whole house. When he opened the front gate, another neighbour saw him and quickly called the police. Guess what,... In due to recent cases of thief, the police station, which is 2 minutes from my house has been re-open once again. So, the police reached my neighbour's house in just few minutes time. Panic, the thief ran to the back of the house and escaped with nothing. Hahahaha!!!

I guess the reason that the thief target my neighbour's house is because their house is quite to the end. Not only that, the other end of the lorong (my house is at the other end) is a NO NO NO choice. Why? Well, simple!! I have one mix-breed dog inside my house and my next door neighbour has two dogs (one in front, one at the back). Not only that, the house across my house also has dogs. I have 1 'adopted' dogs outside the house, wondering and sleeping near to my pamelo tree everynight. Whahahahaha!!!

Based on this true story, there are few things that we can learn. Here are some tips of thief prevention:
  1. Make sure that you know your own neighbours and good relationships around the neighbourhood can bring benefits to you.
  2. If you are pets lover, get yourself a dog. They might not be able to protect your house but they sure can scare the thief away.
  3. If you have a big house and a lot of valuable items, maybe you can consider to install a CCTV in your house. When I'm working in one CCTV shop, the cost of installing one is not expensive at all. And you can view your house from your workplace
  4. Motion sensor is also a good tools to scare the thief away. My dad put the motion sensor inside the house.
  5. Never tell anyone what valuable things you kept in your house! This world is too complicated. Never trust anyone anyhow.
  6. Be humble. Even if you have 100K earning, be humble and don't act like rich fella. You will just attract potential thief to your house.

Of course there are more tips that what I wrote here.. But I'm too lazy now..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis