Confusion Conversation & Decision

Yesterday, I suddenly had an idea of asking my bf to joined in the reunion dinner. Reason is because there are only 3 people gonna participate in this reunion dinner. I have a small family of 3 person - my dad, my brother and me. My mum passed away few years ago. Before asking, I seek some advise from friends and cousins. Some say its a good idea, some say no as reunion dinner is for families. Since that I'm not yet married to him, so he still consider as outside people. Chinese believes are like this. But, majority tells me to try and ask.

I went home around 8pm, waiting for my dad to come back from church before asking. Here are the conversation:
Me : "Tomorrow, I invite my friend come for dinner, can or not. Since he got give something"
Dad : "Your dog looks more skinny now"

Anyone can guess what I feel?? Inside, I was like .. ggrrrrrrr.. Then, my dad continue with the dog talking....

Today, after asking some more advice, I ask again..more into telling my dad I'm inviting him.... Here is the conversation...

Me : "Tonight I invite my friend"
Dad :
Me : "What time eat?"
Dad :
Me : "What time eat later?"
Dad : "After cook la"
Me : "Then, I invite my friend over later"
Dad :
Now, I'm half hearted and not sure what is the correct response.. Yes or no?? Should I or shouldn't I? My bf says he scare to become the uninvited guest. He thinks maybe my dad needs time to think and accept. My opinion, I dunno....

Confuse, frustration, tension, headache ........ and the dinner is 5 hours from now.....

Comments

rebeena said…
Now is 940pm, so how ur dinner?

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis