22nd July 2009 Tsunami

Have anyone of you received any junk mail regarding any prediction of tsunami? Well, I received something like this:

“Hello there. I just wanted 2 let you know that please stay away from the beaches all around in the month of July. There is a prediction that there will be another tsunami hitting on July 22nd. It is also when there will be sun eclipse. Predicted that it is going 2 be really bad and countries like Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak), Singapore, Maldives, Australia, Mauritius, Si Lanka, India, Indonesia, Philippines are going 2 be badly hit. Please try and stay away from the beaches in July. Better 2 be safe than sorry. Please pass the word around. Please also pray for all beings.”

This brings me to google about it because I'm living in S'wak and there is never any tsunami hit us since the day I breath. What if it's true? What if the prediction came true? For me, better be save than sorry. Whether or not the forwarded mail is junk or warning, it is better to play safe, right?

Googling brings me to a blog, which I think is the origin of the forwarded mail content. I have included the link here. It turns out that the prediction is based on some calculation of simulator which I will never understands.

Any opinions?

Comments

Rose world said…
I received this email from a friend on this prediction too. dont know true or not, but we just heed to it.
Unknown said…
Yeah, but I guess better just stay away from the sea in July...

Popular posts from this blog

The First Confession - St. Mark's Church, Batu Kawa

Cozy Cafe, Jalan Song

'Ma Li Chai'/'Mani Chai', also known as Cangkuk Manis